The Pastoral care team provides an opportunity for each visitor to connect with the Church community to provide them necessary information that may be needed.
- Our Pastoral care workers are available to all on campus at an individual and interfaith level, as well as spiritual
- Our Pastoral care workers work inclusively with all people, whether or not they have a stated religious affiliation.
- Our Pastoral care workers are aware of boundaries, and the limits of the role
- Our Pastoral care workers work within the boundaries of the privacy legislation and respect confidentiality
- They liaise with other disciplines relevant to the needs of the person
- They work closely with other pastoral care workers and chaplains
- Our Pastoral care workers have a role in crisis intervention (not taking the role of Health and Counselling but being available for those who do not want the more formal medical approach)
- The team education the community in which they work so people can recognize those with issues, and know where to send them for help
- The team provides an opportunity for each person to reconcile, forgive and heal etc., from their own resources and experiences, without imposing their own values, beliefs or faith on the person
- The team assists a person to listen to their inner voice, and respond empathetically with understanding and compassion
- Pastoral care workers honour the stories and lived-experiences of people they come across